From exfoliation to hydration, THIS powder can do wonders for the skin  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Multani mitti is one of the most commonly used ingredients for skincare
- The composition of this clay includes calcium bentonite and magnesium chloride
- Here are some skin benefits of the some
New Delhi: Also known as Fuller’s earth clay and bentonite clay, Multani mitti is one of the most commonly used ingredients for skincare. It also holds a special place in Ayurveda and is widely used in the Indian subcontinent and across the world. The composition of this clay includes calcium bentonite and magnesium chloride. It also has historical significance as women have been using it for its hair and skin benefits since ancient times.
Benefits of Multani mitti
Here are some common benefits of Multani mitti:
- Brightens skin: Exposure to pollutants, oxidative stress, and other unhealthy lifestyle, psychological, or environmental factors can cause the skin to get dull over time. Multani mitti can help retrieve the skin’s natural glow by getting rid of impurities and cleaning the skin from within.
- Reduces acne: Popping up acne during unprecedented situations and at unexpected places can surely be terrifying. But it’s time to let go of all worries and opt for Multani mitti for acne-free skin. Application of this ingredient can help cleanse the skin, get rid of impurities and dirt, unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, and reduce the oiliness of the skin. This healing, anti-inflammatory, and cooling effect on the skin can help against acne breakouts.
- Has anti-pigmentation properties: Pigmentation is a common problem that can be a consequence of various factors. Multani mitti has skin lightening and anti-pigmentation properties that can help heal skin damage, even its tone, and enhance its health.
- Improves skin texture: Multani mitti can have cleansing, exfoliating, and tightening effects on the skin. This can help improve circulation and retention of skin-healthy nutrients, thereby giving the skin a healthier and younger-looking texture.
- Is good for oily skin: Due to the widely available skincare products and methods are dedicated to combination skin, using them on oily skin may often not yield the best results. Thanks to its mattifying aspect, Multani mitti is excellent for oily skin. It can help get rid of excess sebum and make the skin less oily.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or any changes to your diet.