In this post, we are going to explain our definition of natural living, the great benefits of applying natural living within your life, and quick and easy tips to live a more natural, eco-friendly living!
Let’s dive in!
The definition of Natural Living can vary from person to person. But the good news is that it allows you to implement natural living the way it resonates for you and your life!
Whether it’s building a garden in your backyard or you want to live in the forest with the trees. (This is a judgment-free zone 😊). There are many things in our lives, big or small, that we don’t recognize that can be considered as “natural living”. Let’s look at the main ideas behind natural living.
The basic definition of natural living is applying anything into your life that is, toxic-free, sustainable, or organic.
One of the basic principles behind natural living is our awareness of the environment around us. Our well-being solely depends on this planet, since it provides the necessities for each organism needs to sustain itself. By becoming more mindful and balanced with our own consumption, it will result in creating a more balanced and healthier Earth.
Another important principle of natural living is being more mindful of the food we intake on a daily basis. Rather than eating the additives and preservatives, that are induced within certain foods, eating fresher foods that is more organic can increase the nutritional value you receive from them.
Lastly, implementing more sustainable products within your self-care/household products. Having efficient and eco-friendly products benefits not only your health but the health of the planet. It ensures the safety of risking the use of dangerous chemicals. Which is a win-win, for your body and the environment!
- Of course, there are many more principles that can be elaborated more within these three basic principles. *
Creating simple changes to implement natural living throughout your daily life can improve not just your physical health, but your overall state of well-being. These quick and easy tips can help your health and the health of the environment.
Here are some easy swaps that you can make to replace toxic products with safe, more natural self-care and household products, better for you!
- Household appliances like cutting boards, storage containers, and utensils can be made from wood, glass, and metal, exchanging it with unsustainable plastic.
- Replacing your cookware from toxic non-stick to ceramic, stainless steel, and cast iron.
- Having clothing, bed linens, and table linen made from chemical-infused fabrics to organic cotton, bamboo, and wool.
- Cleaning products like laundry and household cleaners made with eco-friendly ingredients
- Personal care and beauty products such as shampoo, deodorant, and makeup can be made without parabens, sulfates, and or artificial fragrances.
Eating healthier foods can improve your physical health, but also your mental health. Here are some tools to help you navigate to eat well as naturally as possible:
- Growing a garden
- Read labels to avoid different additives and preservatives.
- Avoiding vegetable oil and margarine- they are produced through chemical extraction, making these products highly processed
- Go to farmer’s market or organic produce stores:
– Sprouts inspires wellness naturally with a carefully curated assorted of better-for-you products paired with purpose-driven
– Whole Foods central aim is to provide its customer base with high-quality, fresh, organic wholesome food to create a culture and experience that propel its success as “America’s Healthiest Grocery Store”>
– Trader Joes’ is committed to providing their customers outstanding value in the form of the best quality products at the best everyday prices.
– Aldi’s maintain their three core value: consistency, simplicity, and responsibility. Believing that great quality shouldn’t come at a high price.
– Kroger is driven by the belief that everyone should have access to fresh, affordable, and delicious food. In addition to aim as the leader in food distribution, but in pharmacy, health, personal care items, seasonal merchandise, as well.
There are many things to do outside and connect with your body and Earth:
- Go for a walk- Having a one-on-one with yourself and nature can allow you to unplug from the world and stress. Walking can also improve your mood by releasing endorphins and increase memory and brain function.
- Spending quality time with friends– it’s always nice to spend time with friends enjoying nature like watching the sunset or going on a hike!
- Ride your bike- cycling is a fun and easy way to increase your health, save animals, all while, reducing stress, high blood pressure, pollution in the air, and money on gas.
- Dancing- whether it’s in the rain or in the beaming sun can improve your mood and boost your memory and confidence!
- Study- studying outside can be a peaceful way to focus and brighten your mood!
“Natural living is not a new age idea– it is way of life that has been practiced since the dawn of time and is a means to a better life for everyone. “
Thank you for reading this post. I hope it helps you with any endeavors in your life!
With Love and Thanks,