Pumpkin, which is a fruit with plenty of fiber, is a vegetable with high nutritional value because it contains elements such as phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium and iron.
It is a vegetable found in the recipes of many cakes, pastries and dishes due to its sugar content. It is a very sympathetic vegetable with its unique shape and orange color.
Pumpkin is a cucurbit plant. Its orange color provides beta carotene. Beta carotene is also a beneficial substance for human health.
Pumpkin contains vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus and iron.
In addition to the vitamins it has, pumpkin gives energy to the body.
During the winter months, metabolism begins to slow down. In this way, the resistance of the human body against infections is also reduced. With the winter season, if your skin has started to dry out and lose its shine, you should consume pumpkin.
Let’s talk about the Benefits of Pumpkin;
- t contains high levels of alpha and beta carotene. These carotenoids are among the biggest helpers of the defense system due to their antioxidant properties. Essentially, these are the substances that give the pumpkin its orange color. Carotenes are also found in carrots.
- The eyes are one of our most sensitive organs. Vitamin A, which is the most important vitamin for the eyes, is abundant in pumpkin.
- With the winter season, vitamin C, which is the most important search of almost everyone, is also found in pumpkin. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins for our immune system in cold winter days. In addition, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. 100 grams of pumpkin will meet the daily vitamin C needs of an adult by itself.
- As it is known, foods with high fiber content are very valuable foods. Foods containing fiber keep you full for a long time. In addition, foods containing fiber relax the digestive system. Pumpkin is a food that contains a lot of fiber. 40 grams of pumpkin contains more than 3 grams of fiber. It is also good for problems such as constipation, as it facilitates bowel movements.
- Hen women think of beauty, the first thing that comes to mind is clean and bright skin. Women who want glowing skin may need to include pumpkin in their daily diet. Thanks to the carotenoids in the pumpkin structure, it nourishes the skin and helps it look brighter.
- You may have heard of collagen, which is one of the nutritional supplements that women are most interested in lately. Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, pumpkin supports the production of collagen. In this way, it helps the skin to look bright and tighten.
- Omega 3 oil, another important nutrient, is also found in pumpkin. This nutrient, which is especially found in fish oil, is also found in some pumpkin.
- Minerals for the musculoskeletal system, such as copper, iron, phosphorus and magnesium, are present in pumpkin. Of course, it is very important to do sports and exercise for a healthy skeletal and muscular system.
- In addition, important nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamins B1, B3, and B6, Pantothenic Acid, Folic acid and potassium are also found in pumpkin. As you can see, pumpkin is a very useful vegetable for the human body.
- Pumpkin is also very good for skin dryness, which is an issue that women especially complain about. In fact, some peeling masks contain ingredients derived from pumpkin.
- I mentioned above that pumpkin promotes bowel movements and therefore relaxes the digestive system. Babies older than 8 months who have constipation problems can eat pumpkin as puree and soup.
We have researched the benefits of pumpkin for you. We searched for the pumpkin, a vegetable that is sympathetic and a symbol of Halloween. You can follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Medium, Linkedin and Quora to stay up to date with informative articles like this one with us.